The Classic All-Steel Folding Bike.
Original design refined for modern cities. The original design with the 3-part fold, handmade in Brompton's London factory since 1975. Compact and robust – it's a seriously engineered bike that's fun to ride.
C Line Explore
The 6 speed do-it-all workhorse – geared up to go further. Covers all contours, at home or further afield.
Geared up to go further
You can load this 6-speed all-steel workhorse with luggage for all-weather commuting or touring, then go explore. Some owners have cycled these around the world. Most use them to improve their day-to-day.
The Brompton Bike
The Brompton bike is made for those that live, work or play in cities. Folding to a third of its size and weighing on average just 11kg for a standard model, the Brompton bike is easy to carry and easy to store. Take it on all forms of transport –rush-hour trains, in the boot of the car or the local taxi boat.
When folded, a Brompton stays locked together, making an extremely compact package, a little larger than its wheels. The vulnerable parts, like lights and cable-runs, are folded out of harm's way, and the oily chain and gears are kept away from clothing and luggage.
The Brompton can be carried like a small suitcase using the frame or saddle as a handle. And it can be pushed or towed easily on the small roller wheels.
On trains and buses it tucks neatly into luggage space (it is welcome on most public transport). It can be cycled to the airport and checked in as a luggage (and taken in the cabin on some airlines) – it's great to ride at the other end. It goes in cars, on yachts, behind the pilot's seat of a single-prop, in caravans and on narrowboats.
Brompton's are taken on trips as frequently as they take their owners on journeys.
A variety of luggage options are also available.
Nothing Folds Like A Brompton Folds
- It takes around 10-20 seconds to fold a Brompton
- The current world record for 'Fastest Fold' is held by Ivo Petrouš of the Czech Republic with an impressive 4.14-second maneuver
- When folded,
- the seat post locks the folded bike in place
- all the oily/dirty parts are tucked away
- the bike stands on its rolling wheels
- and you can tow it by the handlebars
- The average model weighs around 11 kg making it easy to carry with you
A Brompton travels with you
- on rush-hour trains, no need to book ahead
- the underground or overground – metros, shuttles, and tubes
- in taxi boats or ferries
- on aeroplanes and helicopters
- stows in small car boots and cabs/taxis
- fits on some kayaks and tuk-tuks
Brompton bikes are built to last
- handmade and quality assured in the Brompton London factory
- the individually numbered frames come with a 7-year warranty on registration
- the ongoing commitment to 'access to parts' means you can upgrade and maintain as and when you need
Bromptons are seriously engineered bikes that are fun to ride
- they have the same wheel-base as a full-size bike
- and the ride position is similar too
- the 16" wheels allow you to accelerate faster
- making them ideal for city riding
Due to supply-chain issues, Specs are subject to change without notice.
|Speeds||Explore 6 Speed|
|Gear Ratio||Reduced Gearing|
|Drivetrain||Brompton Wide-range 6 speed drivetrain (2 x 3 speed), 300% range|
|Main Frame||Precision drawn heat-treated steel tubing with hand brazing and selected auto-brazed joints|
|Rear Frame||Hand brazed cold-formed micro-alloy steel tubing|
|Fork||Steel brazed fork|
|Folded Size||645mm (H) x 565mm (W) x 270mm (D) (25.3'' x 23'' x 10.6'')|
|Saddle||Brompton saddle, integrated carry handle, mounts for Brompton rear light and saddle bag|
|Seatpost||Brompton Extended Chromoly steel, Chrome finish. Suitable for maximum inside leg 35"/89cm|
|Seatclamp||Composite seat clamp and rear frame clip|
|Pedals||Brompton Folding left hand and non-folding right-hand pedals|
|Hinge Clamp||Composite hinge clamp levers|
|Front Wheel||Double-wall rim, 28 spokes laced to a Brompton front hub|
|Rear Wheel||Double wall rim, 28 spoke, Brompton Wide ratio 3 speed internal gear hub|
|Tyres||349 x 35C Schwalbe Marathon Racer. A puncture resistant tyre with a reflective sidewall|
|Chainset||6061 forged aluminium crank with 50T chainring and integrated chainguard|
|Bottom Bracket||Square taper bottom bracket|
|Chain Pusher||Brompton Chain pusher|
|Shifter||Brompton 2 and 3 speed Trigger shifters|
|Brakes||Brompton Dual Pivot Calipers|
|Front Carrier||Front carrier block adaptor for all types of Brompton luggage|
|Mudguards||Mudguards with rubberized flap|
|Rack||Aluminum, 24lb weight limit|
|Lighting||Brompton 500 lumen USB rechargeable front light and Brompton rear battery lamp|
|Pump||Brompton pump with flexible hose compatible with Schrader and Presta Valves|
|Previous Model Name||Brompton M6R|
* Subject to change without notice.